SM Supermalls Wins Big at the 2019 Stevies
Out of the 104 trophies bagged by Philippine companies at the 2019 Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards, SM Supermalls took home 45 of them. Quite an achievement and another best record for getting more than twice the awards from last year’s Stevies! SM won 21 Stevies in 2018.
The Stevies is a prestigious business awards program created in 2002 to celebrate and reward innovation of organizations and professionals around the world. So coveted is a Stevie Award that the program is widely considered by the various industries as the premiere business award.
As such, the awards body confers recognition through their following programs:
- The American Business Awards
- The International Business Awards
- The Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards
- The German Stevie Awards
- The Middle East Stevie Awards
- The Stevie Awards for Great Employers
- The Stevie Awards for Sales and Customer Service
- The Stevie Awards for Women in Business
The 2019 Asia-Pacific edition of the Stevie Awards was held at the InterContinental Hotel in Singapore last May 31.
Big Win for SM Supermalls
There are three categories recognized at the Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards: Gold, Silver and Bronze. SM Supermalls garnered two Gold Awards for the categories in Entertainment Apps and Corporate Websites. These are for:
- #AweSM Logo Hunt Mobile App
- #SMoments in a Click: How Customer Centricity Gave a Rebirth to the SM Supermalls Corporate Website
SM also bagged 23 Silver Awards and 20 Bronze Awards. Various SM malls across the country, from Quezon City to Baguio, from Bulacan all the way to Cagayan de Oro, were awarded for their numerous innovative and entertaining events for shoppers. Some notable events include:
- 18 SM mall events won for Innovation in Consumer Events
- 7 SM mall events won for Innovation in the Use of Events
- 2 SM mall events won for Innovation in Branded Entertainment
Icing on the cake: SM Supermalls also garnered the most coveted Grand Stevie of the evening: Most Honored Organization.
Mr. Jonjon San Agustin, SM Supermalls’ senior vice president for marketing proudly received each Stevie at the awards gala.
Said Steven Tan, SM Supermalls chief operating officer: “We are thankful and truly elated by these validations of our hard work, dedication and passion to offer family fun experiences for our valued customers. We strive to do this through constant innovation and offering nothing but the best for SM shoppers, from their online engagement experience – including the website, apps and social media pages ̶ to the exciting and entertaining events in SM malls nationwide.”